During Ramadan, from March 22-April 21, all dining commons (Café 3, Crossroads, Clark Kerr, and Foothill) will be open and offer carry-out containers/meals, and other services.
- Students may ask the cashier when they enter for a carry-out container they can fill at any dining commons.
- To-go meals will also be available upon request to Muslim-identifying students in all dining commons. Students can take two to-go meals (dinner + breakfast). They will include a box of items, including bananas, dried dates, yogurt, orange juice, bagels, milk, English muffins, boiled eggs, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- Halal meat is served at all dining locations, and Café 3, in particular, is 85 percent halal.
- Breakfast items will be available during all meal periods, including breakfast cereal, assorted fruit, milk, and juice, and can be placed in the carry-out containers provided by the cashiers.
- This year, we will have speciality meals at the beginning and end of Ramadan. Our plans include the following:
- A Ramadan welcome meal on March 23, which will include butter chicken with naan, Jeweled Basmati Rice, Butter Chicken, Roasted Vegetables, Naan, Dolma, Kheer Coconut Rice Pudding
- An Eid al-Fitr celebration meal on April 21, which will include halal braised Lamb with Dates, Imm Jadara, Fish Biryani, Baba Ganoush, Taboulleh, Dolma, and Baklava.
- Students do not need a meal plan to eat in the dining commons; guests can pay for individual meals. Undergraduate and graduate students and their families are welcome. See cash/Cal 1 Card debit pricing at caldining.berkeley.edu/visiting/guests.