The Summer Meal Plan is for any student who is not living in the residence halls, and who is registered for summer sessions. That includes graduate students.
Let Us Do the Cooking So You Can Enjoy the Sunshine
Enjoy the sunshine this summer. No grocery shopping. No cooking. No dishes to wash. Take your classes, do your research, go to work, break bread with your friends, and get outside too.
- WHO: Any student registered for summer or fall classes and not living in the residence halls.
- WHAT: 300 flex dollars for $300, add-on 55flex dollars for $50 at any time (Purchase flex dollars by credit card only)
- Begin date: Sunday, May 26, 2019
- Last day to use flex dollars Friday, August 16, 2019
- Last day to purchase meal plan: Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Last day to purchase add-on flex dollars: Monday, August 5, 2019
- HOW: Click here to apply online.
** IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no refunds or cancellation of your summer meal plan flex dollars. Friday, August 16, 2019 or flex dollars will be forfeited. No unused flex dollars will rollover to the fall semester.
- Purchase additional flex dollars in $50 increments, $50 = 55 flex dollars
- Eat at most Cal Dining locations:
- All-you-care-to-eat residence dining commons: Crossroads, Cafe 3, Foothill
- Convenience Stores: The Den, featuring Peet's Coffee & Tea
- Campus Restaurants: brown's a california cafe, The Golden Bear Café and The Pro Shop at RSF.
- Closed for summer: Clark Kerr, Bear Market, Cub Market, Terrace Cafe, and Common Grounds
- No daily minimums or maximums - buy when you want
- Unlimited guest meals - use your flex dollars for as many guests as you want
- Easy online account management - add more flex dollars and check balance
- Add more flex dollars at any time - $50 = 55 flex dollars
Summer Meal Plan Pricing
Meals are discounted to meal plan participants:
|Meal||Meal Plan Flex Dollars||Non-meal plan price
(cash, Cal 1 Card Debit, conferences)
|Breakfast||8 flex dollars||$10.75|
|Lunch/Brunch||11.25 flex dollars||$12.95|
|Dinner||12 flex dollars||$15.50|
Summer Campus Restaurants Pricing:
Flex dollars have a purchasing power of $1.00 each (calculated to the 1/100th). For example, a purchase of $2.01 would cost 2.01 flex dollars.
How to Apply for Summer Meal Plans
Summer meal plan sign ups are only available online
Terms and Conditions - Summer 2019
All students currently enrolled in summer sessions at the University of California, Berkeley with a Cal 1 Card are allowed to participate.
Period of Contract
Summer meal plan flex dollars may be used beginning Sunday, May 26, 2019 through Friday, August 16, 2019. PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds on your meal plan flex dollars, and all flex dollars must be used by Friday, August 16, 2019. or funds will be forfeited. No unused flex dollars will roll over to the fall semester. Locations will have reduced operating hours during University Holidays. The last day to purchase a summer meal plan is Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- Meal plan flex dollars will be accepted at
- Dining Commons:
- Café 3
- Convenience Stores and Campus Restaurants:
- The Den
- brown's a california cafe
- The Pro Shop at RSF
- The Golden Bear Cafe
Note the following locations are closed during the summer: Bear Market, Cub Market, CKCub, Common Grounds and Terrace Café.
Refunds and Cancellations
There are no refunds or cancellations of your summer meal plan flex dollars. All flex dollars must be used by Friday, August 16, 2019. or funds will be forfeited. No unused flex dollars will roll over to the fall semester.
Summer meal plans must be purchased online using credit card payment. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Summer meal plans cannot be billed to your CalCentral account.