You don’t have to take summer classes to buy a Summer Meal Plan. The Summer Meal Plan is for any student who is not living in the residence halls, and who is registered for summer or fall classes. That includes graduate students.
Let Us Do the Cooking So You Can Enjoy the Sunshine
Enjoy the sunshine this summer. No grocery shopping. No cooking. No dishes to wash. Take your classes, do your research, go to work, break bread with your friends, and get outside too.
You can use your points any way you want — to eat meals, buy snacks, cappuccinos, groceries, or any combination.
- WHO: Any student registered for summer or fall classes and not living in the residence halls.
- WHAT: 300 points for $300, add-on 55 points for $50 at any time (Purchase points by credit card only)
- Begin date: Sunday, May 20
- Last day to use points: Friday, August 10
- Last day to purchase meal plan: Saturday, July 21
- Last day to purchase add-on points: Monday, August 6
- HOW: Click here to apply online.
** IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no refunds or cancellation of your summer meal plan points. All points must be used by August 10, 2018 or points will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester.
- Purchase additional points in $50 increments, $50 = 55 points
- Eat at most Cal Dining locations:
- All-you-care-to-eat residence dining commons: Crossroads, Cafe 3, Foothill
- Residential retail location: The Den, featuring Peet's Coffee & Tea
- On-campus retail locations: brown's a california cafe, The Golden Bear Café and The Pro Shop at RSF.
- Closed for summer: Clark Kerr, Bear Market, Cub Market, Terrace Cafe and Common Grounds
- No daily minimums or maximums - buy when you want
- Unlimited guest meals - use your points for as many guests as you want
- To-go meals
- Easy online account management - add more points and check balance
- Add more points at any time - $50 = 55 points
Summer Meal Plan Pricing
Meals are discounted to meal plan participants:
|Meal||Meal Plan Points||Non-meal plan price
(cash, Cal 1 Card Debit, conferences)
Summer Retail/Campus Restaurants Pricing:
Retail points have a purchasing power of $1.00 each (calculated to the 1/100th). For example, a purchase of $2.01 would cost 2.01 points.
How to Apply for Summer Meal Plans
Summer meal plan sign ups are only available online
Terms and Conditions - Summer 2018
All students currently enrolled in summer and fall classes at University of California, Berkeley with a Cal 1 Card are allowed to participate.
Period of Contract
Summer meal plan points may be used beginning Sunday, May 20, 2018 through Friday, August 10, 2018. PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds on your meal plan points, and all points must be used by August 10, 2018 or funds will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester. Locations will have reduced operating hours during University Holidays. The last day to purchase a summer meal plan is Wednesday, July 21, 2018.
Meal plan points will be accepted at
- Crossroads dining common
- Café 3 dining common
- The Den featuring Peet’s Coffee & Tea
- brown's a california cafe
- The Pro Shop at RSF
- The Golden Bear Cafe
Note the following locations are closed during the summer: Bear Market, Cub Market, CKCub, Common Grounds and Terrace Café.
Refunds and Cancellations
There are no refunds or cancellations of your summer meal plan points. All points must be used by August 11, 2018 or funds will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester.
Summer meal plans must be purchased online using credit card payment. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Summer meal plans cannot be billed to your CalCentral account.