Work for Cal Dining
Perks include free meals, great starting wages, and flexible work schedules!
Dining Commons (Foothill, Crossroads, CKC, Café 3), Brown’s
|Type of schedule||Fixed|
|Minimum hours per week||10|
|Type of Work||Dining room attendant, Dish room, Line service, Food prep, Food service|
|Additional Notes||Continuous employment gives the opportunity for advancement in internal positions (Crew Leader, Crew Supervisor, Office Positions, Marketing & Sustainability Assistants)|
Concessions (Stadium, Haas Pavilion)
|Type of schedule||Variable (event shifts are at least 4 hours; a lot of nights and weekends)|
|Minimum hours per week||Required to work ALL home football games, plus 2 additional events per month|
|Type of Work||Food prep, Cashiering, Set-up, clean-up, and service at Cal athletic events|
|Additional Notes||All hired students undergo a Background Check (Dept. of Justice), as they will be handling cash and credit cards.|
Catering (Memorial Stadium, Clark Kerr, various campus locations)
|Type of schedule||Variable and flexible|
|Minimum hours per week||Students sign up for events based on their schedule; event details sent 5-7 days before the shift|
|Type of Work||Server, Event set-up, Light food prep for special events, including sporting events, weddings, and conferences|
|Additional Notes||A great opportunity to network with alumni and students while earning extra cash!|
Training Table (Memorial Stadium, Haas Pavilion)
|Type of schedule||Fixed, subject to change|
|Minimum hours per week||10: strongly suggested to pick up one weekend shift per month|
|Type of Work||Dining room attendant, Setup/cleanup, Line service|
|Additional Notes||Help to serve healthy and nutritious meals to Cal’s athletes!|
Please email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our award-winning culinary team, and receive great benefits!
How to apply via the HR employment website:
- To apply you must have a valid email address.
- Go to jobs.berkeley.edu where you may apply online.
- Select whether you’re an “Internal” or “External” applicant.
- Under “Basic Job Search” in the “keywords” box, search for the jobs below using the job ID number or position name:
- Temp Storekeeper – $17.43/hour – ID 26815
- Temp Cook – $17.52/hour – ID 26852
- Temp Sr. Food Service Worker – $16.84/hour – ID 26800
- Temp Temporary Banquet Server – $17.18/hour – ID 26861
- Create a profile and include your resume. Once you complete the process, an email will be sent to confirm your resume has been received.