What you need to know
Cal Culinary is the official food and beverage provider for all athletic events at Memorial Stadium, Haas Pavilion, Edwards Stadium, and other sporting venues at UC Berkeley. Non-profit organizations and service groups partner with us to reach their annual fundraising objectives while working in a fun, spirited environment.
Organizations that can provide 8-40 volunteers per event are staffed in concession stands to receive a percentage of their total net sales. The group will receive 10% of net sales generated from the concession stand(s) or $350 per concessions location, whichever is the greater to which the group is assigned (gross sales less all applicable sales taxes and deposit shortages). Cal Dining will provide the training, products, and supplies for your volunteers.
Here are the requirements for being selected as a non-profit group:
- Groups must submit and complete the application process to be considered for concessions fundraising opportunities.
- Groups must be recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 exempt organization and provide the group's Tax ID number (For more information about 501c status please visit: www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/index.html).
- Your group will be required to work ALL SIX home football games, plus a minimum of (3) other sporting events throughout the 2017-18 season. Please be sure that your organization can commit to the following football game dates before applying to work: September 9, September 16, September 23, October 13, October 21, and November 4. All game times are still to be determined.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to work in a stand.
- Your group's total staffing requirement will depend on the location your group is assigned. Your organization must commit to bringing the required number of trained volunteers to staff the assigned location for each game.
- All non-profit organizations will need to carry and provide proof of a general liability insurance policy that meets the below minimum requirements.
Comprehensive or Commercial Form General Liability Insurance (contractual liability included) with limits as follows:
- Each Occurrence $1,000,000.00
- Products/Completed Operations Aggregate $2,000,000.00
- Personal and Advertising Injury $1,000,000.00
- General Aggregate (Not applicable to the Comprehensive Form) $ 2,000,000.00
Group Concessions Contract
Please note that a contract is not valid unless signed by both parties.