WHO: Any student registered for summer or fall classes and not living in the residence halls.
WHAT: 300 points for $300, add-on 55 points for $50 at any time
(Purchase points by credit card only)
Begin date: Sunday, May 21
Last day to use points: Friday, August 11
Last day to purchase meal plan: Wednesday, July 19
Last day to purchase add-on points: Wednesday, July 19
HOW: Click here to apply online.
** IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no refunds or cancellation of your summer meal plan points. All points must be used by August 11, 2017 or points will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester.
Meals are discounted to meal plan participants:
|Meal||Meal Plan Points||Non-meal plan price (cash, Cal 1 Card Debit, conferences)||Meals To-Go||Chews to Reuse
|Breakfast||6 points||$10.50||+ $1.00||
$5.00 or 5 meal plan points
$5.00/5 points for reusable mug
|Lunch/Brunch||7 points||$12.50||+ $1.00|
|Dinner||8 points||$15.00||+ $1.00|
Summer Retail/Campus Restaurants Pricing:
|Retail points have a purchasing power of $1.00 each (calculated to the 1/100th). For example, a purchase of $2.01 would cost 2.01 points.|
How to Apply for Summer Meal Plans
Summer meal plan sign ups are only available online
1. Eligibility: All students currently enrolled in summer and fall classes at University of California, Berkeley with a Cal 1 Card are allowed to participate.
2. Period of Contract: Summer meal plan points may be used beginning Sunday, May 21, 2017 through Friday, August 11, 2017. PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds on your meal plan points, and all points must be used by August 11, 2017 or funds will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester. Locations will have reduced operating hours during University Holidays. The last day to purchase a summer meal plan is Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
3. Accepted Locations:Meal plan points will be accepted at
- Crossroads dining common
- Clark Kerr dining common
- Foothill dining common
- Café 3 dining common
- The Den featuring Peet’s Coffee & Tea
- brown's a california cafe
- The Pro Shop at RSF
- The Golden Bear Cafe
Bear Market, Cub Market, CKCub, Common Grounds and Terrace Café are closed during the summer.
4. Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds or cancellations of your summer meal plan points. All points must be used by August 11, 2017 or funds will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester.
5. Payment Method: Summer meal plans must be purchased online using credit card payment. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Summer meal plans cannot be billed to your CalCentral account.
6. Lost or Stolen Cal 1 Cards: The Cal 1 Card is valuable and should be protected accordingly. You are solely responsible for immediately reporting / deactivating a lost or stolen Cal 1 Card. The most effective way to do so is online by logging onto your account (cal1card.berkeley.edu/login). If you do not have access to the internet when your card is lost or stolen, reports can be made in person at the Cal 1 Card Office or by calling 1 (866) 2UCBCARD. Once the card is reported missing, you assume no further liability for unauthorized use. A $25 non-refundable replacement fee will be assessed to your student billing account. If your card was stolen and you filed a police report for that incident, the replacement fee will be waived with the provision of the corresponding police report when requesting the replacement. Replacement cards are only issued to students with a current registration status in the applicable academic term. NOTE: If you withdraw from classes, the Cal 1 Card cannot be replaced if you lose it and you will not be able to use your meal plan points.