WHO: Any student registered for summer or fall classes and not living in the residence halls.
WHAT: 300 points for $300, add-on 55 points for $50 at any time
(Purchase points by credit card only)
Begin date: Sunday, May 22
Last day to use points: Saturday, August 13
Last day to purchase meal plan: Wednesday, July 13
Last day to purchase add-on points: Wednesday, July 13
HOW: Click here to apply online.
** IMPORTANT NOTE: There are no refunds or cancellation of your summer meal plan points. All points must be used by August 13, 2016 or points will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester.
Meals are discounted to meal plan participants:
|Meal||Meal Plan Points||Non-meal plan price (cash, Cal 1 Card Debit, conferences)||Meals To-Go||Chews to Reuse
|Breakfast||6 points||$10.50||+ $1.00||
$5.00 or 5 meal plan points
$5.00/5 points for reusable mug
|Lunch/Brunch||7 points||$12.50||+ $1.00|
|Dinner||8 points||$14.50||+ $1.00|
Summer Retail/Campus Restaurants Pricing:
|Retail points have a purchasing power of $1.00 each (calculated to the 1/100th). For example, a purchase of $2.01 would cost 2.01 points.|
How to Apply for Summer Meal Plans
Summer meal plan sign ups are only available online
1. Eligibility: All students currently enrolled in summer and fall classes at University of California, Berkeley with a Cal 1 Card are allowed to participate.
2. Period of Contract: Summer meal plan points may be used beginning Sunday, May 22, 2016 through Saturday, August 13, 2016. PLEASE NOTE: There are no refunds on your meal plan points, and all points must be used by August 13, 2016 or funds will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester. Locations will have reduced operating hours during University Holidays. The last day to purchase a summer meal plan is Wednesday, July 13, 2016.
3. Accepted Locations:Meal plan points will be accepted at
- Crossroads dining common
- Clark Kerr dining common
- Foothill dining common
- Café 3 dining common
- The Den featuring Peet’s Coffee & Tea
- brown's a california cafe
- Qualcomm Cybercafe
- The Pro Shop at RSF
- Golden Bear
Golden Bear Café (GBC), Bear Market, Cub Market,Common Grounds and Terrace Café are closed during the summer.
4. Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds or cancellations of your summer meal plan points. All points must be used by August 13, 2016 or funds will be forfeited. No unused points will rollover to the fall semester.
5. Payment Method: Summer meal plans must be purchased online using credit card payment. Accepted credit cards include Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Summer meal plans cannot be billed to your CARS account.
6. Lost or Stolen Cal 1 Cards: Your card is valuable and should be protected like cash. Lost or stolen cards should be reported to the Information Systems Help Desk at 642-7700 immediately. The Help Desk is open Monday - Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. After hours, leave a message. Once you report your card missing, you assume no further liability. All lost card accounts will be reviewed and the account credited for unauthorized activity that occurs after you report the card lost or stolen. PLEASE NOTE: Replacement cards are only issued to students currently enrolled in summer and fall classes at University of California, Berkeley. The cost for a replacement card is $25.00. If you withdraw from classes, we cannot reissue your Cal 1 Card if you lose it and you will not be able to use your meal plan points