2400 Durant Avenue
Café 3 features a newly designed menu that intentionally increases the ratio of plant-centric foods to animal products, without compromising flavor. The menu focuses on food that is at the intersection of delicious, nutritious, and sustainable, and does not include pork and shellfish. Whether you're looking for vegetarian, vegan, or kosher food options, this "dining hall for all" aims to to provide more options for our diverse student community. The new center station is certified kosher, which also caters to those on the hunt for halal food. Café 3 is open for brunch and dinner daily and features different dining platforms serving globally-inspired and local organic menu options.
The meal stations include:
- Kosher certified Mediterranean Bar with a selection of plant-based spreads, pickled vegetables, pita, falafel and fresh produce seven days a week.
- Kosher certified entrée station featuring kosher certified meat including beef, chicken, or lamb, and a seafood option always approved by the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch Best Choice or Good Alternatives list. In addition, it offers a plant-based vegetable and grain option.
- The Omelet Bar serves omelets made to order that use only cage-free, organic eggs and includes a selection of plant-forward toppings such as fresh and roasted vegetables and cheeses. The Omelet Bar will only be available during brunch.
- The Grill provides plant-forward sandwiches and entrée items using a variety of plant-based proteins, fruits, and vegetables.
- The Salad Bar has fresh produce, beans, and grains with a variety of dressings and toppings.
- The Pizza Station offers vegetarian pizza and flatbread. Vegan flatbreads are available upon request. During dinner, the station also serves a pasta dish.
- The fusion station serves vegetarian- and vegan-inspired international entrees, from a variety of cuisines like Chinese, Korean, Indian, and more.